Spate of Shootings Claims Three Lives in New York City


New York City  — A series of tragic shootings unfolded across New York City on Sunday, resulting in three fatalities and leaving two individuals injured, according to police reports.

This disturbing surge of gun violence cut a grievous path across three different boroughs, commencing shortly after 5 p.m. and concluding close to midnight. Among the multiple gunshot victims were also two teenagers, with one 18-year-old succumbing to his injuries.

The fatal victim, identified as Anwah Armbrister, along with a 15-year-old girl, were inside a building at 460 East 21st Street in Brooklyn when the shots were fired around 5:10 p.m. The pair managed to make their way outside and were discovered by first responders near the intersection of East 21st Street and Dorchester Road.

While the girl's left shin sustained a graze from a bullet, Armbrister sustained gunshot wounds to the head and chest. Despite swift medical attention at Kings County Hospital, the Brooklyn resident did not survive. The girl was treated at the same hospital and subsequently released.

In the Bronx, at approximately the same time, a 35-year-old man faced a fatal gunshot wound to the torso after being pursued into a bodega on East 175th Street. According to police and law enforcement sources, two men on a scooter tracked down the victim, with one of the suspects firing shots inside the establishment. The victim, identified as Cleveland Smith of the Bronx, was rushed to Saint Barnabas Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

Later in the evening, at around 11:45 p.m., a 33-year-old man sustained a fatal gunshot wound to the chest at West 185th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue in Washington Heights. Despite immediate transport to Harlem Hospital, his life could not be saved. Authorities have refrained from releasing his identity pending notification of his family.

A non-fatal shooting occurred on the same evening, approximately at 6:45 p.m., when a 26-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the right leg near 191st Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, also in Washington Heights. He was transported to New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center by private means and is currently in stable condition.

At present, no arrests have been made in connection with any of the four shootings. The New York Police Department (NYPD) continues its active investigation into these distressing incidents.